STEP #1


21 DAY REFRESH - Attain True Health

My path to success in Public Speaking starts today, with a first small step, which I'd call "a Tryout". 



We were asked by Professor to pick 5 pictures, representing our previous year and describe them in a few words. We were giving about 15 minutes to complete the task. That was quite enough to collect thoughts and be ready to present is to the audience. The speech wasn’t spontaneous, but it wasn’t a „prepared speech“ either.  

It didn't seem to be a tough task (for me, personally), since we were going to talk about something we know well. However, due to the lack of experience of speaking in public, I didn't feel confident , standing in front of the audience (even though the listeners were people I've known for 4 years!). My voice was trembling as I was moving on with the presentation. It was hard for me to control my body language: I didn't move much, but used gestures. A lot of gestures. Probably too much. Most of them were just useless, as I didn't aim to attract attention or point at a specific object on a slide. 

But, nevertheless, the good thing about my presentation was that I managed to organize my speech according to the structure. Moreover, I included introduction and conclusion (the latter, however, you cannot see on the video, as it was cut "due to some technical problems")

Analysing the giving speech, I can admit that I could have done it much better. There is still so much to learn, practice and obtain. It was just the first step, so let's look on the bright side and hope for a better improvement!

Comments

Popular Posts