WHAT IS YOUR LEVEL OF PUBLIC SPEAKING?

The questionnaire

A questionnaire is a good way to evaluate yourself (your skills, knowledge, potential and so on).

The questionnaire in the book ofyour level of Public Speaking. 

One-by-one you get points for each statement ("yes" - 2 points, "no" - 1 p., "sometimes" - o p.).

I tried to be sincere with my own self, avoiding sugarcoating. So here is my result: 54 of 120 points. The Questionnaire revealed that my level of Public Speaking was the lowest of four possible.

I knew I had to improve my Public Speaking skills, but I never thought there would be so much to work at.

To put it briefly, my probably weakest point is the ability to establish a connection with the audience. When I was giving my speech, I did not consider the audience's interests, I didn't try to attract their attention, nor did I vary methods of making the audience engaged or motivated. I mostly controlled myself (speech, voice, body language), but not the audience. I didn't care much about the eye-contact; it is only now that I understand how important it actually is.

So now I realise how much work I still have to do! It doesn't scare me, but, frankly speaking, makes me excited about the further achievements :)

Comments

Popular Posts