CHALLENGE #8


“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
― Maya Angelou

It was a sunny Monday morning. I was sitting at my work place, at the Vet shop. I had to accomplish some counting at the computer and I was so concentrated that didn’t see the costumer walked in. But then I saw her approaching me. She was a young girl, around 20 y.o.  She seemed quite friendly and I couldn’t expect we’d have such an entertaining conversation. Let me tell you about it.

“Excuse me, would you be so kind to help me?” – She asked politely. Then the other question followed: “How can I teach my cat to lock the door behind her when she goes to the bathroom?” The girl literally puzzled me with that question. I made sure I got her right, asking to repeat her question. To be honest, it felt weird. I’ve never got such kind of questions working as a shop assistant here.



Well…I asked her what the cause was, the age of the cat and if she had any experience in “cat-training”. Just as I guessed, she had no experience and the cat was quite adult, so I told her there was a little possibility that her idea would work out. 

However, she was stubborn. Her persistence was so hilarious, that I just couldn't resist. J So I gave her a couple suggestions (like giving snacks and so on) that would help her pretty cat obtain a new skill. That was fun! She seemed to be so passionate about what I was saying and followed my thoughts attentively.

In the end Ann (the girl) was so excited to translate ideas into action. It was clear that she was happy to have learnt new ways to train her pet.

To be honest, I still remained a bit suspicious if she was serious about the idea or not. But, anyway, I was glad to have contributed to her (hopefully) success!
































Comments

Popular Posts