QUESTIONNAIRE #2 - MY ACHIEVEMENTS



Hello, everyone!

If you remember, in the beginning of our course of Public Speaking, I shared my results of the questionnaire (from the book of Svetlana Petrovna Khoroshilova), which was meant to define my level of public speaking skills.

There are 6o statements, and you get a certain number of points for each one ("yes" - 2 points, "sometimes" - 1 p., " no " - o p.).

The result of the first questionnaire was much to be desired. I gave myself 54 points out of 120, which proved, that I had little chance to present an effective speech, basically because of my poor skills of public speaking.

But the questionnaire I took to examine my result - was truly surprising. 98 points suggests that my skills have undergone a substantial improvement, thanks to the Course. 

Pity, we had no chance to present our speeches live, due to the lockdown. That is why we could not monitor or evaluate our visual representation. We only made two performances on-line (well, most of us). That is obviously not enough. 

Today, organizing my speech, I take into consideration all the vital aspects I neglected before. For example, I learned, that there are several ways to attract attention of the audience in the very beginning of the speech. Quotations, rhetorical questions - the must have attention-getters. I learned to clearly formulate the thesis statement, use link-elements and preview, thus to make the introduction effective.

I realize, I didn't pay much attention at the structure of the body before. Today I find it extremely important to present a well-structured speech to make it clear and understandable for the audience. 


I tried to follow all the steps and points, writing both my informative and persuasive speeches. That is probably why my groupmates gave me high points, evaluating my first speech. 

Comments

Popular Posts